Sixth Form Booklet
We feel that the programme that we are able to offer you at RMGS is particularly exciting. We offer you a wide choice of A Level subjects. It is important, though, that each one of you makes the right choices.
To make good choices you need information and this is what we aim to provide for you. To help you with these choices we are offering you:
- This booklet
- The opportunity for RMGS Year 11 students to discuss their choices individually with a senior member of staff during registration time in January, and to sample A Level lessons;
- An open evening in November for all RMGS Year 11 students and students from other schools;
- Further opportunities to discuss particular options with subject specialists;
- The opportunity to apply to us using the www.ucasprogress.com electronic application system
The Sixth form area
Mr Moore (Deputy Headteacher and Head of Curriculum), Mr Price (Head of Careers) and I will give advice as you make your choices and will scrutinise the choice forms you complete and return them to you individually if we foresee any problems concerning choices made.
On 28 June 2017 you will come into school to finalise your time as a Year 11, prepare for life in our Sixth Form and take your ALIS test (an important aptitude test which provides target grades for your A Levels); it is vital you attend.
There will be a full, week-long induction programme at the start of Year 12, featuring team building activities, expert speakers and subject specific study skills sessions.
I look forward very much to seeing you in the Sixth Form.
Head of Sixth Form
- Sixth Form Entry Requirements
- List of courses (PDF links below)
- Entry requirements at a glance
...Please find information booklets from each course attached below...